Enable Siri to work with Philips Hue and create a powerful home setup with full voice control over your smart lights. When you pair Apple HomeKit to Philips Hue, you get access to dozens of voice commands to use and you can even create your own. Check out the list of the most popular Siri voice commands to try out.
Top 10 Siri commands for Philips Hue
- “Turn on the lights.”
- “Turn off the lights.”
- “Turn off the lights downstairs.”
- “Turn the living room lights all the way up.”
- “Adjust the brightness downstairs to 50%.”
- “What lights are on in the living room?”
- "Make the lights blue in the bedroom."
- "Good morning."
- "Good night."
- "Turn on Read in the living room."
When using Siri voice commands, always start by saying “Hey Siri,” and then continue with the command.
Basic Siri commands for Philips Hue
- “Find all my Hue lights.”
- “Turn on my desk light.”
- “Are the lights on downstairs?”
- “Make my living room brighter.”
Siri colour commands for Philips Hue
- “Turn the living room light blue.”
- “Set the entryway lights to gold.”
- “Make my lights lime green.”
- “Set the family room lights to purple.”
- “Make my bedside table lamp pink.”
- “Turn the kitchen lights orange.”
Philips Hue smart lights offer 16 million colours, so get creative in the colors you ask Siri to set. Choose more obscure colours such as crimson, salmon pink, turquoise, cyan, sky blue, magenta, chartreuse or lavender to really personalise your home.
Siri light recipe and scene commands for Philips Hue
- “Set the lights in the kitchen to Energise.”
- “Turn on Ocean dawn in the living room.”
- “Set Savanna sunset in the study.”
- “Turn on Autumn gold in the den.”
- “Set the master bedroom to Blue lagoon.”
Beyond one colour, you can use voice commands to set light recipes, handcrafted by lighting designers to offer the best light for your daily activities, or scenes, which offer a combination of colours. Before you can use these commands, you’ll need to save the scenes you want to use in HomeKit.
Hue sync box commands for Siri
- "Turn on Hue sync box."
- "Turn off Hue sync box."
- “Set Hue sync box to start.”
- “Set Hue sync box to stop.”
- "Set Hue sync box to PlayStation 4."
- "Set Hue sync box intensity to subtle."
- "Set Hue sync box intensity to moderate."
- "Set Hue sync box to intensity to high."
- "Set Hue sync box to intensity to intense."
- "Set Hue sync box to game."
- "Set Hue sync box to video."
- "Set Hue sync box to music."
You don’t need to use these exact phrases for your commands — you can customise them to phrases that best suit you. Learn more about using Apple HomeKit (and Siri) with Philips Hue.
*When a bulb displays "Up to" a certain number of lumens in its specifications, it displays the maximum lumen output of the bulb. It shows how bright the bulb can get at 2700 K (White bulbs) or 4000 K (White ambiance or White and colour ambiance bulbs). Learn more about brightness.