It’s the perfect sidekick to Philips Hue smart lights, giving you hands-free voice control — just by asking Alexa.
Philips Hue and Amazon Alexa
Two ways to get started
Philips Hue is known for its flexibility, letting you light your home how you like. Set up your Amazon Alexa with Philips Hue your way: Bluetooth or with a Hue Bridge.
Philips Hue and Amazon Alexa: Bluetooth
- Works with Amazon Alexa-enabled devices¹
- Control the lights in a single room with your voice
- Connect up to 10 Philips Hue Bluetooth-capable lights to a single Amazon Alexa device
Philips Hue and Amazon Alexa: Bridge
- Works with any Amazon Alexa-enabled device
- Control the lights in and outside your entire home with your voice
- Connect up to 50 Philips Hue lights
- Unlock more smart lighting features, such as access to voice control for the Philips Hue Play HDMI sync box and setting light recipes and scenes
Frequently asked questions
1 Philips Hue Bluetooth smart lights work with all Echo smart speakers/displays. Hue Bridge required for Echo (1st Gen) and Echo Dot (1st Gen) devices.
2 To learn more about setting up a goodnight routine, go to the Alexa app.
*When a bulb displays "Up to" a certain number of lumens in its specifications, it displays the maximum lumen output of the bulb. It shows how bright the bulb can get at 2700 K (White bulbs) or 4000 K (White ambiance or White and color ambiance bulbs). Learn more about brightness.