There are two ways to connect a Hue smart button to your system: with a Hue Bridge or with Bluetooth.
How to set up a Hue smart button
Connect with a Hue Bridge
With a Hue Bridge, you can fully customize your Hue smart button — and setup is simple.
Before you start setup
Is your Hue Bridge connected and added to the Hue app?
Your Hue Bridge should already be plugged in, connected to Wi-Fi, and added to your Hue app. If you haven’t done that yet, first install your Hue Bridge.
Set up a Hue smart button with a Hue Bridge
- Press and hold the smart button for three seconds to activate the device.
- Open the Hue app.
- Go to the Settings tab and tap Accessories.
4. Tap Add accessory.
5. Tap Hue smart button.
6. Once the Hue app has found the smart button, follow the on-screen instructions. You will be able to select which Room or Zone the smart button controls, as well as what it does.
If you need additional help setting up your smart button, browse our FAQ or get in touch with Philips Hue Support.
Connect with Bluetooth
1. Press and hold the Hue smart button for three seconds until it starts blinking.
2. Hold the smart button up to the light you want to control. Stay within six inches of the light.
3. Repeat for up to 10 bulbs.
4. To remove a light from the Hue smart button, repeat the same process, but hold the button for 10 seconds.
*When a bulb displays "Up to" a certain number of lumens in its specifications, it displays the maximum lumen output of the bulb. It shows how bright the bulb can get at 2700 K (White bulbs) or 4000 K (White ambiance or White and color ambiance bulbs). Learn more about brightness.