It’s the perfect sidekick to Philips Hue smart lights, giving you hands-free voice control — just by asking Alexa.
Philips Hue and Amazon Alexa
Two ways to get started
Philips Hue is known for its flexibility, letting you light your home how you like. Set up your Amazon Alexa with Philips Hue your way: Bluetooth or with a Hue Bridge.
Philips Hue and Amazon Alexa: Bluetooth
- Works with Amazon Alexa-enabled devices¹
- Control the lights in a single room with your voice
- Connect up to 10 Philips Hue Bluetooth-capable lights to a single Amazon Alexa device
Philips Hue and Amazon Alexa: Bridge
- Works with any Amazon Alexa-enabled device
- Control the lights in and outside your entire home with your voice
- Connect up to 50 Philips Hue lights
- Unlock more smart lighting features, such as access to voice control for the Philips Hue Play HDMI sync box and setting light recipes and scenes
Your lights, your way
Sleep easier, wake up refreshed
Ask Alexa to set a Go to sleep routine so that your lights fade off before bed, or wake up to your own personal sunrise.
Create the perfect atmosphere
Get ready for a relaxing evening just by saying, “Alexa, dim the lights.” Create the coziest space — only with your voice. Add a Hue Bridge for full access to custom scenes.
Appear home when you’re away
Create a routine that makes it look like you’re home while away. With Alexa, you can control your Philips Hue lights inside or outside your home with just your voice.
Get Amazon Alexa
Visit Amazon to find the Works With Alexa products: Alexa-compatible smart home speakers, accessories, and more.
Frequently asked questions
1 Philips Hue Bluetooth smart lights work with all Echo smart speakers/displays. Hue Bridge required for Echo (1st Gen) and Echo Dot (1st Gen) devices.
2 To learn more about setting up a goodnight routine, go to the Alexa app.
*When a bulb displays "Up to" a certain number of lumens in its specifications, it displays the maximum lumen output of the bulb. It shows how bright the bulb can get at 2700 K (White bulbs) or 4000 K (White ambiance or White and colour ambiance bulbs). Learn more about brightness.