No matter which type of Philips Hue starter kit you have, set-up is simple. Gather your bulbs, your Hue Bridge and any included smart light accessories to begin your journey into smart lighting.
How to set up a starter kit
Set up a starter kit
- Download the Hue app from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Open the Hue app. Make sure your phone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the Hue Bridge.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your Hue Bridge to the app.
- When your Hue Bridge is successfully connected, the Hue app will search for lights. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the set-up.
- If your starter kit came with accessories, you can easily add them at the same time:
Learn how to set up a Hue dimmer switch
If you need additional help setting up your starter kit, browse our FAQ or get in touch with Philips Hue Support.
*When a bulb displays "Up to" a certain number of lumens in its specifications, it displays the maximum lumen output of the bulb. It shows how bright the bulb can get at 2700 K (White bulbs) or 4000 K (White ambiance or White and colour ambiance bulbs). Learn more about brightness.