With the Hue sync box, you can experience surround lighting — where your smarts lights flash, dance, and change color to match the action on the TV screen.
How to set up a Hue sync box
Before you start setup
Is your Hue Bridge connected and added to the Hue app?
Your Hue Bridge should already be plugged in, connected to Wi-Fi, and added to your Hue app. If you haven’t done that yet, first install your Hue Bridge.
Do you have the Hue Sync mobile app?
Download the Hue Sync mobile app from the App Store or Google Play Store. Make sure that your mobile device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Hue Bridge.
Have you installed the Hue sync box?
Connect the Hue sync box to power and your TV. If you are unsure about installation, refer to the manual that came with your Hue sync box.
Connect an accessory to your Hue system
- Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your mobile device.
- Open the Hue Sync mobile app. The app will immediately begin searching for a Hue sync box. When one is found, tap Continue.
3. Select your Wi-Fi network and tap Connect. Enter the password for your Wi-Fi network when prompted.
4. Press and hold the power button on the Hue sync box.
5. When the connection is confirmed, tap Search.
6. Press the button on the Hue Bridge.
7. In the Hue sync mobile app, select an existing Entertainment area to use with the Hue sync box. If you have not created one, you can do so in the Hue app.
8. Name the HDMI inputs. For example, HDMI 1 could be the name of your gaming console.
9. Optional: Pair a TV remote to the Hue sync box.