Connect a Secure floodlight camera to your Philips Hue system to add a sense of security to your home.
How to set up a Secure floodlight camera
Before you start setting up
- Follow the instructions in the manual to mount the floodlight camera and connect it to your home’s electricity.
- Place your camera into the mount on the floodlight and connect it to its power cable.
- Make sure your Wi-Fi is enabled and your internet connection is strong.
- Sign in to your Philips Hue account. Don’t have one? Sign up here!
- Your Bridge should already be plugged in, connected to Wi-Fi and added to your Philips Hue app. If you haven’t done that yet, first install your Bridge.
Set up a Secure floodlight camera
Note that you’ll need to set up your Secure floodlight and then set up its camera separately.
How to add your camera to the Philips Hue app
- To add the floodlight, open the Philips Hue app.
- Tap the three dots (...) icon and select Add lights.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to add the floodlight.
How to add your floodlight’s camera to the Philips Hue app
1. Go to Settings and select Cameras.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions to add the camera.
3. Once paired, check that the camera's live stream is available.
After you finish setting up
Check the live view of your camera to ensure it is angled correctly.
Adjust your settings in the app to make your light turn on when the camera detects motion, set up alerts and more.
- If you need help setting up your Philips Hue Secure wired camera, browse the FAQs or get in touch with Customer Support.
*When a bulb displays "Up to" a certain number of lumens in its specifications, it displays the maximum lumen output of the bulb. It shows how bright the bulb can get at 2700 K (White bulbs) or 4000 K (White ambiance or White and colour ambiance bulbs). Learn more about brightness.